Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I think Tuesdays are becoming my new favorite day of the week. I do my volunteering gig at Centre Volunteers in Medicine in the morning and then run errands in the afternoon. And then end the night with some American Idol.

Specifically today I had to go to the laundry mat to wash a comforter. I've been carrying that thing in the trunk of my car for weeks. I think the dog may have pee-peed on it but I wasn't sure. I was better safe than sorry in this case. Of course, I picked the rainiest day in a long time to do it. Duh.

But, I have to say, next to the airport, the laundry mat is a good place to watch (observe) people. Today, a woman came in by wheelchair with her daughter, son and son's girlfriend/wife. They loaded about 4 washers while the old woman was giving them orders. "Hot water, cold water, etc." Her son, who was no little guy, had walked over to the Easter European grocery store next door and bought some chocolate. The chocolates were filled with a rum liquor. The older woman was adamant that the store could not sell that candy if it had alcohol in it. I couldn't
quite figure out what the big deal was. But, it piqued my interest and I may have to see if by law, one can by chocolate with alcohol in it in Pennsylvania. My comforter was soon dry and I finally got out of there.

I then went to Target to get just shampoo and stuff. I hadn't been there in a long time. It's so dangerous and I always spend more money than I should. I checked to see if they had the Wii

So, I soon need to pick up the kids from school. Another reason I like Tuesdays? We have no where to go after school. Yes, we can come home and stay home. No soccer. Hooray! And soon, I'll plop myself on the couch and get to watch American Idol. And is a new episode of Glee on tonight after Idol? Ahhhhhh.....life is good! and they did. Only $199! What a bargain. Just kidding. My husband has promised the kids they can get one for Christmas. I think we should by it now
so that we have it to give to them at Christmas.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I am a huge AI fan, as are two of my girls. We download them and watch them on my computer. I look forward to it so much!
There is also a French version of AI called "Nouvelle Star". I love it, but it's not quite as good as the US version.

Also- Wii rocks my world! I'm crazy about Wii Fit and my kids adore Rock Band. SO fun!
Tell your dh that you have to have one NOW!!!!!