Sunday, May 23, 2010

You'll Shoot your eye out!


I had a busy weekend. It started Friday afternoon with me taking a Dairy Queen ice cream cake into Clayton's kindergarten class. I think most of the kids enjoyed it. Then after school, there was a birthday party for one of Clayton's classmates. It wasn't her birthday, though. Oh well, we will have a party for the class next week. By the time I got home Friday night, I was wiped out.

But as you can see from the picture above, Clayton got some presents before his party. Yep, Pete gave Clayton a Red Rider BB gun. You know the one from the Christmas movie with the kid (was it Ralph?), who wanted a BB gun for Christmas. And all the mom could say was, "You'll shoot your eye out." This was not my idea for Clayton, no, Pete came up with this all by himself.
It's OK, though. Saturday morning the two of them spent quite a while shooting the gun at a target. Pete went over gun safety and how to carry it, etc. It's even locked up with the real guns. So, don't worry, it won't by lying around the house.


The rest of Saturday was spent watching Kendall's soccer and grocery shopping. We went to some friends house for dinner.

Today, Kendall and I made it to church while the men were slouchers. I think Clayton has some congestion in his ear. He did make it to soccer, however, and actually made a goal. I was a proud momma.


We've started planting flowers around the yard. I say "we" but it's really Pete that does that kind of stuff. I took some pictures of our Clematis that we planted last year.




In case you are wondering, I still haven't found anyone to travel with me in September. I'm now considering Barcelona instead of Seville. I might fly into Nice and rent a car and drive to Barcelona. Or I may not do any of it. It's still early. And I haven't ruled out traveling solo. :)

1 comment:

Hampers said...

Nice blog with nice picture of cutie. Looks like Ralph in the Christmas movie. He is adorable.