Monday, May 10, 2010

Old friends, good times

We had company this past weekend. They are old friends who used to live in State College. Julie and the kids arrived Friday night around 7 pm. I think Rich had ridden with someone else earlier on Friday for a meeting at Penn State. It was nice to catch up. The kids had a blast. I think it was 10:45 pm before the rug rats hit the hay.

On Saturday, the menfolk went turkey hunting with no luck while Julie and I got to chit chat a little. Then Clayton was off to a birthday party for a couple of hours. Kendall skipped soccer because she was so tired (see above). We all came together Saturday evening for some yummy pizza on the grill courtesy of Pete. We had another couple over with their daughter, too. We three families used to do this a bunch when Rich and Julie lived in town.

It's hard to find friends whom you can just hang out with and not have to impress. It takes a long time to cultivate friendships. I'm glad we could get together and have a good time. The kids were in the other room watching a movie and one of the boys kept coming into the kitchen to tell us to be quiet. Role reversal!

On Sunday we had to be at church early. The second grade Sunday School class got Bibles in front of the church. Kendall was so excited and spent a lot of time reading Bible stories Sunday afternoon. Clayton had soccer and I got out of it since it was so cold. It was Mother's day so I guess that was my gift. (Pete did get me some red roses as an afterthought).

So, it was an event-filled weekend and we had a lot of fun. I'll admit, I'm a little tired today from the lack of down time. Oh well, it was worth it.

No comments: