Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I Remember

I was tagged by Char for this "I remember" meme. I feel honored. :) Anyway, I am a very sentimental person, so I hope I can get through this one.

I remember watching the Carol Burnett Show when I was very little and thinking it was so funny.

I remember sharing a room with my sister when I was very little and we would 'write' letters on each others back and try to guess what we were writing. We would get in trouble for not going to sleep.

I remember my sister diagnosed my chicken pox when I came home itching from Kindergarten. I was her first patient.

I remember my first neighborhood friend, Lindsey Chambers.

I remember I had a tortoise shell cat when I was six and her name was 'Colors'. She was the best cat ever.

I remember my first friends when we moved from Harrison to Fayetteville, Arkansas. They were Sarah and Cheryl. I was the new kid in second grade at Asbell Elementary. Go Roadrunners!

I remember my first real crush. It was Bobby Foster in sixth grade. He was so shy.

I remember my first solo in church. I was so nervous. I'm so glad my mom made me do it.

I remember my first concert. It was Chicago and I was in eighth grade. I went with my best friend, Andrea Cummings. My mom stayed up late and washed our shirts so we could wear them to school the next day.

I remember getting ready for school on the first day of September when I was in high school and the radio played "September Morn" by Neil Diamond. I will never forget the feeling I had as I listened to the song. That is when I first realized the power of music.

I remember my first love. I was in high school.

Fast forward a few years.

I remember the hour and day when I met my husband. It was a Thursday, January 6, 2000, around 8 am. I was wearing a grey turtleneck with over-alls and black buckle shoes. My seat was by his on a flight out of Chicago on American Airlines. We were both flying to Fayetteville. I remember our conversation. We were on the same flight heading back at the end of the weekend.

I remember thinking I have met the 'one'.

I now tag
Cheryl
NYKat

3 comments:

NY KAT said...

I love that story about how you and your husband met!

I'll post as soon as I get a chance.

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh, I LOVE this...

And hey, no fair for stealing my first crush. Mine was Bobby Foster too, but in the second grade!! :-)

I will absolutely do this soon on my blog!

(And I loved the story of you meeting your husband.And also of you and your sister writing on each other's backs. So sweet!)

Katrin said...

The way you met your husband made me smile. Such a sweet memory. I also remember everything about meeting my boyfriend. We even have a photo from the day we met.