Friday, October 12, 2007

Truth is stranger than fiction...

You know the saying, "wild horses couldn't keep me away"? Well, last night was my very much anticipated dinner out with the play group moms. So, Becky, our baby-sitter arrived promptly at 6:30 pm and I was just heading out the door to go pick up Ronda when I noticed there was a horse in my driveway! I looked a little more closely and there were 4 more behind him/her. They were brown and white and not as tall has a regular horse and not as short as a pony. I fed them some floppy carrots (you know the ones that sit in your fridge for months---turns out there is a use for them). After several calls to the local farmer neighbors, we were able to locate the owner. His fences are always breaking and it seems like live stock get out every so often. By the time I was leaving, they had headed back down my driveway into the woods near our house. I had called the non-emergent police in case we never found the owner. I didn't want the horses to get hit by a car. The kids had an exciting night! They got to see a police officer in uniform and Clayton wanted to know if the horses were going to get into the house. It was so strange--they would hang out in the front yard and then run to the back yard. Eventually, the owner was able to round them up. Yeehaw!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and this morning Kendall told me that they watched Peter Pan last night. Which means that I didn't record The Office! Boo hoo. I had the DVD recorder all set and ready to go. Good thing I had asked Ronda to save it for me on her TIVO. So, I hope it was a good one.

1 comment:

NY KAT said...

The Office was good, as always!

That's funny about the horses!