Thursday, October 11, 2007

Yeah!!!! It's Thursday

It's Thursday and I like it. Tonight is extra nice because The Office is on and 30 Rock. But, the reason tonight is extra nice is because it is Girls' Night Out for our play group. We meet on the second Thursday and go out to eat. No kids. No husbands. Sometimes we go to a non-chain, but tonight it's The Olive Garden. Unlike my husband, I don't mind chain restaurants. I mean if they are good, who cares if they are an original? OK, my husband would say The Olive Garden is not good, but I guess that is his opinion. And we know what can be said about opinions.

And I am going to need this evening out. My husband left for his annual duck hunting trip this morning at 4:30 am. Is there anything worth getting up that early for? OK, if Sting called and said "meet me at such and such place at 4:30 am to go duck hunting," then I guess I would say some things are worth getting up early for. Ha ha. Pete will return on Sunday, exhausted, but hopefully with good stories of how Cody made some awesome retrieves. He took my camera so I hope he gets some good pictures.

Happy Thursday, Y'all!

4 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

I'm with you!! I totally do NOT get the getting up at 3 am to go shoot animals. Gary hunts and will get up at 4 am, in the dark, in the cold, to go sit up in a tree. Huh??? LOL

(Now, if John Cusack came to my door at 4 am and asked me to do ANYTHING, I'd be there!)

I also would prefer local restaurants (we recently found the BEST Italian restaurant. Mmmm...), but Olive Garden will absolutely do too!!

Fran said...

Hi Kelly!! You are so funny.. I always laugh by myself when I read your blogs.
I'm trying to catch up with mine... let's see if I write up something in the next days....I don't have that many friends here, but at least I keep my blogs for future memories.

I would not even sleep if a hot,cute and charming guy wanted me to go hunting for ducks.. like Matthew Fox... I LOVE HIM!!!

NY KAT said...

I'm not into the whole getting up before the crack of dawn to go hunting...not exactly my cup of tea!

I love the Olive Garden although I rarely go. I would choose a mom and pop restaurant over a franchise though...like Mary Maestri's! Remember that place?

Have fun!

Kelly said...

NYKAT--- I remember Mary Maestris. Unfortunately, there is no Italian settlement around here in Central PA with authentic Italian food.