Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas recap

Well, we had a nice Christmas but never made it to New York City. We left on Christmas Eve and arrived to Cambridge around 10 pm. Because we weren't going to be here for Christmas, I got to open a gift early. OK, it wasn't wrapped. Anyway, I got a 32 inch flat screen TV. Yahoo!

All Kendall wanted from Santa was a 'Just Like You' American Girl. Santa delivered. This is the doll Kendall wanted even though it doesn't look just like her. Oh well. She was a very happy girl.


The day after Christmas my in-laws took us to Legal Seafoods in the Charles Hotel in Cambridge. They have really good seafood. I just love the way Clayton looks here with his knit hat on. Sometimes I feel like I'm looking at a much older Clayton. After the late lunch, the kids and parents went ice skating in front of the hotel. It was a blast and worked off some energy from the kids and calories from the adults.

We drove home on the 28th. It was a good drive and the kids and dogs are good travelers. We were all very tired from the few days visiting Pete's family. It was a good visit, though. On Sunday night Pete's 96 year old Nana insisted on making dinner for everyone. While Pete was cleaning the kitchen, Anne (Pete's sister) and I got to sit and chat with Nana.

Me: Nana, what's the secret? How have you lived so long?
Nana: I don't know.
Me: I know. It's coffee in the morning, an alcoholic drink at 5 pm, and ....?
Nana: Dark chocolate!

2 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

Once again, cute pictures of the kids!

I'm JEALOUS of the TV! I've been wanting one but I just haven't had the urge to go buy one.

Kelly said...

Thanks, Kat. I like the TV, too. I now need to get Tivo or something so I can watch the shows I like once the kids are in bed.

We kept watching the prices of the TVs and felt like it was a good buy. It's amazing how cheap electronics get after the technology has been out for a while.