Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....


At least in my kitchen. Tomorrow the kids are putting on some sort of program at school. I think they are going to sing some Holiday songs and do other things. It's a big secret for the parents. The parents are bringing in the sweets. I decided to bring in cut-out sugar cookies with a Christmas theme. After all, that is the big day this month!!!

I found this recipe on the web and it is delicious. The buttercream frosting comes from Mark Bittman's How to cook Everything cookbook. The frosting uses cream as well as butter to make this the most heavenly frosting ever. I only ate two of the cookies this evening.

Our tree is up, as well. We got a real one and the presents are surrounding it. The kids got to open one present each tonight. I always got to open a present early when I was a kid. They were so happy.

We might get to stay here for Christmas Eve and then after the Santa stuff on Christmas, we will drive up to Boston to see Pete's parents. I'm hopeful it will turn out that way. There's just something about watching your kids in your own home opening their presents under their own tree.

1 comment:

Living Dees Life said...

your cookies looks so delicious!! oh nom!!