Thursday, December 10, 2009

it's that busy time of year...

As you know, the kids stayed home on Wednesday because of the weather. I finally went outside with them in the afternoon and helped build this snowman. It was a lot of fun once I got bundled up and went out there. But, the thought of playing in the snow didn't sound fun to me at first. I'm sure I loved it as a kid, though.
Here is Lilly leaping through the snow. She loves it. She's a crazy pup.
And here is the final product from our busy afternoon. I don't know what they named him. Was if Frosty? or Snowy? I'm not sure, but he did have a name.
The kids went back to school today. A welcomed break for this mom. Clayton was home Monday and Tuesday with a cold and fever and then the snow day on Wednesday was more fun than I could stand. :)

I've got a busy weekend coming up. Pete and Kendall will fly to Boston to see my in-laws. So, it will be a mom/son weekend. My neighbor called to request a dessert for a little party she's giving Saturday lunchtime. Tonight, I have my Girls Night Out at a nice restaurant. Saturday morning Clayton and I will be having breakfast with Santa. Saturday afternoon I will be baking cookies for the open house on Sunday at the Centre Volunteers in Medicine and Clayton will go to a birthday party on Sunday afternoon. Phew! I hope I'm not forgetting something.

No comments: