Thursday, July 26, 2007

Arkansas weekend/Wedding update

Our trip to Arkansas for my niece's wedding started out around 6 am on Thursday, July 19. My husband turned the corner and rolled down the window and said, "Smell that Dairy air." We live near a dairy farm. Kendall then shouted, "Woo hoo, I smell cow poo!" With that, we all laughed and off we went to the airport. It's two flights to Fayetteville from here, so the day was not bad at all. My parents met us there so that we could borrow my dad's car for the weekend. Once we landed, we decided on the AQ Chicken House in Springdale for lunch. From there, Pete, the kids and I drove to Siloam Springs to stay two nights with my old friend, Dana.



Dana lives on a golf course and the pink Mustang came with her house. We had just finished driving around the golf course terrorizing the golfers and rabbits.


Friday was filled with gatherings and rehearsals and rehearsals dinners. The kids were great the whole time.


On Saturday, we got up and ready and headed to Fayetteville. The wedding was at 4 pm. I think that is the best time for a wedding. It's not yet formal and the bride has all day to get ready. Lori looked beautiful and we were so happy for her. Ten years ago, she had her first of two brain surgeries for a brain tumor. So, this day was extra special. You can see photos of the wedding weekend on flickr.com./photos/kellykleinman.


After the wedding we drove to Harrison to stay with my parents. My sister has a boat so Sunday afternoon we headed out for some water skiing and inner tubing. I am hopeful that my kids will demand that this is a summer event as they get older! Here is my mom.
Here are my sister and dad. My dad was trying to water ski. I think it had been 50 years since he had done that.
And here are my sister, Kendall and Clayton in the tube. Here's to family!

3 comments:

NY KAT said...

Did your dad ever get up on the water skis? BTW, you prob drove right by my neighborhood!

Cheryl Wray said...

Okay, I got distracted for a few minutes when you mentioned the AQ Chicken House. When we went back to FAyetteville six years ago (the last time we've been) we ate at that and...oh my gracious...i have never had better fried chicken!! Yummy!!!!
The pics are GREAT!!! Looks like a great time!!

Kelly said...

NYKAT--My dad never got up on the skis. It turned out, that we were all having difficulty skiing. One of the skis was warped and we didn't notice until late in the day.(almost straight-no tip at the end). We got up,but it was harder to ski than when we were here in June. And I'm sure I drove right by your neighborhood!