Monday, July 30, 2007

Missing my routine!

I'm having withdrawals. I worked three days last week and I am working three days this week. That means that I am not seeing my play group moms as much as usual and I am not getting to read the blogs that I find interesting.

I did hear a very interesting story on NPR today that I had read earlier on a blog called Film Literate. You can read about it here. It is amazing that this is still going on in Modern America. I suggest you check it out. It is about Jena, Louisiana.


And I've included a picture of the kids from when we went to the Spikes game. They loved the cotton candy. (What kid wouldn't?)

Like I mentioned, next week we will be near Damariscottia, Maine. I imagine we will be eating lobster and going out on my father-in-law's boat. My mother-in-law has Alzheimer's Disease, so it is important that the kids get to know her, too. I promise to take lots of pictures!

2 comments:

NY KAT said...

I love your kids expressions! I'm sure mine would have been the same...actually it still is the same because I love cotton candy to this day!

I read about that on V's blog too...what an awful thing that is still happening in the country!

v said...

Just like you mention, I can't believe this kind of injustice is happening in modern America.

And great photograph! Um, where's my cotton candy?

Have a wonderful time in Maine, on the boat, eating lobster! (Take me with you --- j/k, lol)