Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Blood Diamond

After our friend, Ted, left, we watched 'Blood Diamond'. I have put my Netflix account on hold for the summer. This movie came from Hollywood Video and it is due back tonight. We are going to a minor league baseball game tonight, so no chance that we would see the movie. Anyway, I digress.

Leonardo DiCaprio has to be one of the best actors. He is so believable. This movie makes you think. There is violence, but it is not gratuitous. Leo's character is an ex-mercenary turned diamond smuggler. Blood Diamond is up there on my 'great movies list'. A must see.

3 comments:

NY KAT said...

What MILB game are you going to?

I've been watching a lot of movies lately, we just watched Thank You For Smoking...I thought it was really good.

Char said...

Hello Kelly :o)
I must admit, I'm a Leo fan... His best movie is by far "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?". I haven't seen Blood Diamond, because I saw the trailer and he just mauled the South African accent. haha. Call me crazy. But that would drive me nuts for the duration of the movie! haha!

Kelly said...

I agree about the accent. I used to work with some doctors from Zimbabwe and South Africa. I picked if up immediately that he was getting it wrong. To me, it sounded like he had been coached by an Aussie.