Monday, July 09, 2007

Bedraggled.

Whew! I've been busy the last few days. First, it all started on Thursday and Friday of last week when I worked at the local hospital. Then, the husband decided we needed to paint the living room since an old friend was coming up this next weekend for a visit. We went to high school together and we now live about 4 hrs from each other.

So, we prepped and painted the room. It looks so much better than it did. The previous owners had painted it a pale green with dark green trim (yikes). We have been living with it for almost 6 years now, and all of a sudden, it needed to be changed! It is taupe-ish with cream trim. Very Southern Living, if I say so myself. Pete also has to make things more complicated in every endeavor, so of course, he decided the room needed crown molding, too. It will/does look great, but I'm sick of messing with it. And to top it off, I got a phone call this afternoon from another old friend from high school that is going to be in town for business tomorrow night. So, I've got to clean and decide what to cook for the guy.

So, I will try to put some pics up later of the room. The kids were great this weekend. We hardly saw them as they were planted in front of the TV watching a Dora, The Explorer video. I know, bad, but what else are we supposed to do when we need to get things done?

6 comments:

Char said...

Oooohhhh, I just LOVE painting rooms. I'm a bit of a paint-aholic if I say so myself. I'm one of those people who rearranges the furniture in the room in my mind whenever I walk into a room I've never been in before. Yes, I'm a bit of a psycho. Are you going to post some pics of the befores and afters? See? Ever the snoopy inquisitor!

Kelly said...

The flash washed out the color of the wall so it is hard to tell exacttly what it looks like.

I could use your help. I am always wondering where things should go in a room.

NY KAT said...

It sounds like my household when company is coming! I do a major cleaning and buy stuff to make the house look more decorated.

When are you coming to this area again? I think you mentioned that you were sometime this month.

NY KAT said...

BTW, if you are in need of help decorating, I always look at Pottery Barn online for ideas...I just love how they decorate rooms!

Kelly said...

I have an old Pottery Barn catalog that I look at over and over and...

Kelly said...

we'll be there July 19!