Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold

Those are the words to a little song I learned when I was a Brownie in second grade. Anyone that knows me, knows that I like being with people and feel like you can never have too many friends.

So, last night my old friend from High School was in town for a meeting. We'll call him Ted. Ted went to the junior prom with my bff Dana. I went with our friend, Chris. It was a double date. So, Ted and I have always been friends, but like so many people, lost touch over the years. He now lives in Reston, VA. He will be up here once in a while for business. So, it was great to have him out to the house so Pete and I could cook for him.

I went to our Wegman's (the best grocery store ever) and bought 1 tuna steak and two swordfish steaks. I marinated them in a sesame oil and soy marinade that my husband found on FoodTV.com. They were delicious! We grilled them and I served wild and long grain rice and green beans that my husband 'stir-fried' at the last minute with shallots.

I had gone to play group on Tuesday so I ran out of time for dessert making. It's all good. I still need to lose about 5 lbs. Ted didn't care, either.

Next stop. This weekend. Old friend from High School, Heather, is coming with the whole fam damily. She lives in McClean, VA. Can't wait!

4 comments:

Kristina said...

The tuna and swordfish sound WONDERFUL!

Fran said...

Three things:

1-The food sounds delicious!
2-I really don’t think you need to lose weight, you look great!
3-I always keep my “gold”… they are the best ever! Just love my old friends!

NY KAT said...

OHHH how I miss Wegmans!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly said...

PBS-the fish was so easy to prepare!

Franci-thanks, but there is a reason people wear clothes!

NYKAT-If I ever moved back, I would really have a hard time without Wegmans.