Thursday, May 03, 2007

Feeling smug...

Just imagine Bruce the shark in Finding Nemo, in his Australian accent, saying, "I'm having fish tonight.."

I'm having strawberry tart tonight. I just put the custard in the 'fridge to chill. It's looking promising. This recipe is from Ina Garten and I found it on line from FoodTV.com (think that's right). Anyway, it looked like something I could handle. It called for 5 egg yolks so that means I had 5 egg whites left over. Um? What's a girl to do? I got some meringue in the oven right now. I think the meringue cups will be great with vanilla ice cream and strawberries or raspberries. Decisions, decisions....

Pictures will follow. But first, I must make a run to the grocery store for some fresh fruit. Yummy!

1 comment:

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh, yummm.... strawberry tart sounds delicious. Ina Garten's recipes always look so good!