Monday, May 14, 2007

the weekend flew by...

I survived the weekend. But we had a few things that happened. First, Friday afternoon our black lab helped herself to a whole bag of marshmallows. Then she wondered off Saturday to our neighbor's compost pile and ate a lot (I'm sure).

Saturday I had my friend, Mary Ann, over for dinner. Her husband was performing in his Barber Shop chorus so she and the kids came over. It was great to have company.

Sunday, we went to church and then out to eat. My husband got home around 4 pm. Thankfully, he caught some fish, but didn't bring any home. And then the fun started. Pete went upstairs for something and Cody (black lab) had puked in our room and the guest room. Nice. Well, the rule is your animal, you clean it. So, Pete cleaned up the mess. And then, after dinner the kids were playing upstairs and Clayton was coming down the stairs and....you guessed it. We heard this bump, bump, de-bump. My husband looked over at the stairs in time to see Clay doing cartwheels down the stairs. It was a little scary and Clay was a bit shaken. No broken bones, thank Goodness.

So, the week has started and tonight is my first softball game. I am in a non-competitive, co-ed league. I play for the hospital. I'm awful at it but I used to be good at one time. It's slow pitch and that makes it a lot of fun. Yeah!!!

By the way, Music and Lyrics was really good. It had a slow start but I liked it. I actually liked the song that they "wrote". I would recommend this movie for a feel-good movie where you don't have to think a lot.

3 comments:

NY KAT said...

I agree with the movie review.

Tomorrow night is my first night in my co-ed softball league! I only know one person on the team, so I'm a bit nervous. Good luck!

NY KAT said...

I need your help. Since you grew up in Fayetteville, what would you recommend that I do with my family?

I was thinking drive them around to all of the different communities here, show them Beaver Lake, maybe drive up to Eureka Springs. Eat out on Dickson St., AQ Chicken, maybe Tontitown (Italian of course) and Chick-Fil-A (as you know, Chick-Fil-A has not yet made it to the northeast). Any other suggetions?

Kelly said...

I'll go to your blog in case you don't get back to mine.