Sunday, May 13, 2007

OK, the kids gave me the best Mother's Day present...they slept in until 8 am! Yeah! But, that meant we didn't make it to the 9 am service at church. We ended up going later and then I took the kids to TGIFridays for lunch. I was determined NOT to make lunch today. The kids were great and now are getting dirty in the sandbox.

I know that the big rewards for taking care of these little ones will come much later in life. Motherhood isn't the kind of job that has instantaneous gratification.

And paying taxes is like that, too. I got a State College Area School District publication in the mail and this school district ranks in the top 16 percent in the nation's public schools. So, that is comforting. (it's a good thing, I can't afford private school).

2 comments:

NY KAT said...

You should tell your husband that one day next weekend you are going to go and do something that you enjoy and he can watch the kids. You could go shopping, get a manicure, read...

Kelly said...

I know! And believe me, I get out every so often. I actually won a free massage off of the radio and I need to go have that done.

Thanks for the support!