Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ahhhhh Summer!!!!

Today is the first day of summer around 6 pm or so. I love this season! Memories of going to the city pool with my neighbors, Robin and Renee, and playing softball in the summer league. I would swim all afternoon (get sunburned, of course) and then go to my game that evening! It amazing how much energy one has at 11! As a little kid, I can remember eating watermelon until you think you will puke and trying to see who could spit the seeds the farthest. And I learned to water ski the summer after 8th grade on Beaver Lake. I was "going with" a guy and his family had a couple of boats. His parents were so patient with me. And of course, I LOVE sleeping in and not having to be anywhere! I love wearing T-shirts, shorts and sandals everywhere I go. Ahhhhhh, Summer is finally here.

1 comment:

NY KAT said...

I LOVE the summertime too! I have lots of fond memories of being lazy, playing outside, reading books, playing sports...all of the typical summer fun.