Sunday, June 17, 2007

I'm back from Arkansas...

We made it back, safe and sound. The kids were great in the car. The trip was filled with all kinds of things: horseback riding, water skiing, touring caves, cat fishing, eating. I got to meet a blog friend, NY KAT. She is very nice but I didn't let her get a word in edge-wise. We met for coffee one of the days I was in Fayetteville and I just talked her head off. Oh, I hope to see her next time I'm down there so she can talk about herself some!!

It was so great to be back in Fayetteville. I'm more of a hippy than I realized because the town appealed to me more than ever. And the weather. It was hot! I'm sure when I'm back for my niece's wedding in July, I will be griping about the humidity and heat. But, for two weeks in June, I was in heaven. Um, Hog Heaven. Ha ha.

One of the best days was when we were out with my sister and her husband on Bull Shoals Lake. It is a reservoir near Harrison, Arkansas. We got to water ski. The kids had so much fun and Kendall even got out on the tube.

To see a few pictures you can click here.

3 comments:

Char said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a FAB holiday! That's awesome. We are getting a puppy today, and I am soooo excited. Haven't blogged about it yet, because we only just decided - and I want to post pics with the post... SO I must be patient. Hope you have a great "home coming". It's always nice being home again, innit?

NY KAT said...

It was really nice meeting you!

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh, I'm jealous!!! I haven't been back in maybe seven years--I decided to take Gary and the girls there to show them my growing-up house, schools, etc.--and I'd like to go again sometime!