Sunday, September 09, 2007

In need of advice

If my husband RSVPs 'YES", then we are going to an engagement party the end of September. But, It is not your ordinary engagement party---
It is on a yacht
that is docked in Manhattan
departing at 8:00 pm
with dinner, drinks, and toasts
disembarking at midnight.
You see, not your ordinary engagement party.

What should I wear?

I oh so hope that we can go. It is an old friend of Pete's from high school. (and besides, it would be a nice, grown-up evening out.)

6 comments:

NY KAT said...

Oh my goodness! I'm trying to think of what you should wear, but the NY weather can be so unpredicable at that time of the year...especially when you are on a YACHT!

NY KAT said...

Have you figured out what you are going to wear?

Kelly said...

I'm still thinking about it. I will have to send you an email. The bride and groom have a website set up. It is pretty swanky. You can check it out. We hope to be able to go to the wedding in Brazil.

Char said...

Phewey... nothing like a party in a really fancy place to put on the pressure about what to wear, huh? If it were me, I'd wear trousers. With heels. A flouncy top. And definitely a warm (but smart) jacket. Trousers are best for outdoorsy things, I think. Less chance of your skirt blowing up to around your ears if it's nippy. I hope you post pics of what you choose! Good luck! :o)

The Haygarth Family said...

Don't think about it - just go along and have a great time!

Susie PSU said...

I have lots of formal dresses - what size are you?!