Saturday, September 22, 2007

Weekend

I worked yesterday, and, by golly, I'm tired. The kids got up before 7:30 (of course), but luckily they went downstairs and hung out with their dad. I fell back to sleep and woke up at 8:30. We headed downtown to the Centre County Day for Kids (something like that) and had a blast. The weather could not have been better.


Here I am holding a young python. My husband said I couldn't get it. But they live for 15 years! What a bargain. My kids now know for sure that their mom is crazy.
Clayton was all smiles watching the magician. The guy was really funny and could make the kids laugh.

Here are the kids enjoying the big slide. All in all, we had a great time.

Tomorrow I am off to DC just for 24 hours (I'll be back Monday evening). I am driving Pete's Post doctoral student to the Brazilian Embassy to pick up some paperwork. The best part is that I get to see my old high school friend and go shopping for that cocktail dress that I need for the engagement party at the end of the week! Yeah! And the kids are staying with their daddy! Life is good.

3 comments:

NY KAT said...

Yuck snakes!

Char said...

I don't know what I would give to be able to go to D.C. for the day!!! You lucky bum. I hope you have a great time with your friends and find "that" dress.
P.S. You can keep the snakes, thank you very much. I have enough hassle on my hands with the ants, rats and now bugs by night!

Susie PSU said...

Oh, I'm so glad you blogged about it - I forgot my camera! I'll divery my traffic to your blog so they can see pictures. lol