Friday, September 07, 2007

Yeah!!! It's Friday!!!

Well, it's Friday and Kendall still enjoys riding the bus and going to school. Clayton goes along with preschool but I think he prefers to stay right by mommy.

I was going to run on the treadmill but I didn't want to rush around this morning. I'll try later on when the man gets home from work.

So yesterday I walked to the bus stop and on my way, I noticed that the parents of a first grader in our neighborhood weren't home. I assumed they would be at the bus stop waiting, but when I got there, they were no where to be found. The bus came, the kids hopped off and I decided I needed to stay with him until his mom or dad or both showed up. We went to his house (how would they know where he is if he was at my house?) and the kids played in their yard. This is the same 6 year old boy that exposed himself to my little darling girl earlier this year so I am not keen on being around him much. And I will never leave her at that house under the supervision of his parents (because there is no supervision). Anyway, the mom shows up and said that they arrived at the stop one minute late and assumed they beat the bus. I informed her that the bus arrived 5 minutes early (shouldn't they know that from last year?) and that it was fine. OK, a little white lie. I was annoyed with their irresponsibility but not surprised. I just hope they don't take advantage of the situation. Their excuse was that they had lunch and two pitchers of beer! Arrrggghhhh! They both are artists and teach at PSU and went out to lunch after their meetings. Fair enough. Am I wrong for being annoyed? C'est la vie, I suppose.

OK, I better go and make an eye appointment. The last check up I had for my eyes was 11 years ago. Now, that I have some time, I plan on taking care of some things. (Besides, I've noticed it is harder to see at night while I am driving.)

2 comments:

NY KAT said...

You definitely need to get to the eye doc! I didn't go for awhile and then I finally decided to go and I needed to start wearing contacts. It was amazing how much better I could see!

I would have been irritated too about the parents. It's one thing if something truly came up, but to be late because you are drinking isn't the best way to go about things you could say...

Kelly said...

I made the appointment for next Saturday!

Today the mom was on time for the bus (actually, the bus was really early today)