Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What was I thinking?

That is what I was thinking this morning when my alarm went off at 5 am. I had to work today and my scheduled time to be at work was 6:30 am! Ouch. I had gone to bed at a decent hour so I did feel fine. And it is really pretty driving in at that time of day. Work wasn't too bad, either and I really enjoy working at the hospital, probably because I don't do it everyday. Anywho, I have to work two more days this week. What was I thinking?

The other thing that I agreed to that has made me ask that question is teaching 5th grade Sunday School. I'm not the head teacher--silly people--I am just one of the team (thank Goodness) and only will have to teach once in a while. But, we had a dinner party last Saturday night and I was so wishing I could have slept in on Sunday and just not gone to church. Bad, I know. Well, I guess it's official. I am a grown up and I have responsibilities now. And I need to set a good example for the munchkins.

Tomorrow, the husband will send Kendall off on the bus and drop Clayton off at preschool. He hates school. I'm worried about it and don't know if I should send him somewhere else. He says things like, "I want to go to a new school with happy teachers." Or, "I want to stay with mommy and watch TV." Oops. I assure him that if he stays with me he won't be watching TV. OK, a little white lie, but I'm hoping he will see that preschool is so much more fun than hanging out with me. So, tomorrow since I am working, the little guy has to stay all day at preschool. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Well, I have got to go and see what junk is on TV. I can't wait until September 27! I miss The Office!!!!!

5 comments:

Char said...

I mean, don't all stay-home moms spend all day in front of the telly??? haha! Funny how kids think huh? But seriously - maybe he and the teacher just don't see eye to eye. Might be worth looking into it...

NY KAT said...

I can't wait until the Office is on too!!! I'm really not that excited about too many shows this year, which could be a good thing!

Cheryl Wray said...

I LOVE Clayton's comments. Priceless!!! I try and give Sydney "meaningful" activities to work on during the day, but let's face it. She does watch tv a bit much!! lol

I totally understand about the Sunday School thing. I teach SS too (although it's adults) and coming home late from these Bama games is killing me! I am just not worth anything on Sun morning! I would kill 5th graders if I had to teach that age!

Cheryl Wray said...

And can you believe I have never watched The Office!! I should try this year!
(My fave addiction is "Heroes" and it premieres this next Monday!)

Kelly said...

Char--there's not a whole lot on during the day!!! (I spend my time in front of the computer:))
Kat--Yeah, it's easy to get caught up in the couch potato thing.
Cheryl--you should check out The Office. It's a smart, funny show.