Well, it's Super Tuesday for most of the country, but in PA it's just another day. We will have to sit back and see who will be a contender for us in April. Our primary is one of the last ones so there really won't be a choice for us. Is there really a choice for anyone? Both Democrats seem to be the same politcally and the top three Republicans are nothing to write home about. I can honestly say that I have problems with all five.
Moving on. I saw this meme from Cheryl. You are to list 7 famous people you have met. Like Cheryl, I don't know that I have met seven, so I will finish the list off with some random facts about me. I haven't had real, in-depth, conversations with these people, either. Usually, it is that I spot them and happen to have a camera with me.
1. Tommy Thompson. I was living in Wisconsin at the time and he was the governor. He was in town to see some big tug boat come through on the MIssissippi. There was a Riverfest and it was a big deal. My neighbor and I decided to ride our bicycles down to the fest to see everything. I brought my camera along to take pictures of the big riverboat. We arrived, all sweaty, to the riverfront. There, in front of me, was the governor surrounded by bodyguards. I made some gesture like, "Wow, it's the governor" to one of the bodyguards. And then asked him if I could get my picture with him. He nodded "yes." So, I walked right up and Governor Thompson put his arm around my waist and we smiled for the camera. I thought the arm around the waist was a little wierd. Plus, I was so gross with sweat. Still, my neighbor and I got a good laugh about that one.
2. Janet Reno. I was flying to Ft. Lauderdale and I was in the airport. I looked over to see a very tall woman surrounded by a bunch of men. Who could mistake her? Anyway, I walked over and asked if I could get my picture with her. I am short and I looked even shorter standing next to her!
3. Yogi Berra. I was at an engagement party this past September and he was one of the guests, too. I shamelessly, introduced myself and asked if I could get my pic with him. At the same party, my husband got his picture with Adriana Lima. I am glad I didn't get my picture with her.
4. Paul Farmer. He might not be famous but I met him at my sister-in-law's wedding. He is a former student of my father-in-law. He is a medical anthropologist and does a lot of work in third world countries.
5. Sandra Lee of Semi-Homemade Cooking on the Food Network. I was returning from Brazil in May 2006. I was flying from Atlanta to Northwest Arkansas. She was flying in to meet with Walmart. I was sitting by a woman that recongnized her. They chatted over me for about 10 min. When we landed we all took pictures. Again, she is tall and I looked like a very short, tired, house wife standing next to her.
6. Corliss Williamson. Years ago, I was at the same hotel as the Arkansas Razorback basketball team. He was standing there and I got his autograph.
I can't think of anyone else famous so here is one random thing about me.
1. I have skydived from 11,000 feet. It was a tandem jump and I experienced free fall for about 30+ seconds. We did two back flips off of the plane's wing at the start. Talk about an experience.
Happy Tuesday, everyone!